GUIDE & TIMELINE
Select a step on the timeline to learn more.
VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS
Deborah was very satisfied!
Dave was very satisfied!
Janell was very satisfied!
John was very satisfied!
Deidre was very satisfied!
William was very satisfied!
Gene was very satisfied!
EXAMPLES OF OUR WORK
To provide you with the best possible service, our first step is a free consultation where we will ask you to verify the following information:
- What issues are you experiencing?
- What type of fuel source do you have? (gas, electric, liquid propane)
- Where is your current system located?
- What are the dimensions of your current Water Heater?
- How old is your current Water Heater?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have?
- How many people live in your household?
- Do you own the house in question, and are you over 18 years old?
Don’t forget to ask about our same-day installations! They are available in most locations as long as you schedule before 12:00pm.
- The Estimate
Prior to making your purchase, Crew2 will provide you with an estimate for the total cost of your job. Given the nature of local regulations, sometimes additional work can be required to comply with local permits and building inspection codes. When that is the case, your plumber will quote those items on-site.
- The Inspection
When our plumbing contractor arrives at your home, they will perform a site inspection so that they can let you know if there are any permit codes or other additional items that will be required for the installation. If for any reason you decide against having the work done, you have a no-obligation guarantee from The Home Depot and have the right to cancel without any cost to you.
- The Payment
Upon completion of the site inspection, we will present you with an installation contract that includes the full cost for the work to be performed. They will then collect payment in full prior to the installation.
Before your installation begins, you may be able to help speed up the process by keeping the following things in mind:
- The homeowner (or someone trusted to make project decisions) will need to be present and available during the appointment.
- Be accessible by phone just in case the provider need to reach out with information regarding your appointment
- Clear out any obstructions so that the installers can easily access the area they will be working
- Provide access to other parts of your home (attic, basement, utility closet, meters, etc.) for the installer throughout their site inspection
- You may be without water during the installation. Fortunately, this typically only takes 1-2 hours for a traditional tank. (Tankless water heater installations will take longer)
Our Water Heater installation professional will…
- Deliver your new water heater to your home
- Arrive with your product in hand and display a Home Depot badge when they greet you
- Inspect your existing unit and discuss any work required to bring your new water heater up to code
- Connect your new water heater to the existing gas, electric and water lines
- Fill and test the water heater to make sure that everything is in working order
- Dispose of your old water heater at no additional cost
On completion, our water heater professionals will...
- Provide your installation agreement paperwork detailing the elements of the job
- Provide instructions on the permitting process where applicable
- Review proper care and maintenance of your new system
- Explain all product and service warranties
In many regions, homeowners are responsible for arranging an inspection of the installation after completion. If our installation does not pass for any reason, let us know and we will come back to make the required adjustments!
After your installation has been completed you will receive a survey from The Home Depot. It’s a great opportunity to rate your experience with us! Our goal is to leave you feeling Very Satisfied and we hope you will rate our installation team as such.
In the case where you have any questions or need any support, don’t hesitate to reach out!