Few projects can change the look and feel of a room like new flooring. And few companies can offer the installation experience and expertise Crew2 can.
As you prepare for your flooring installation, please review the items on this checklist. While not every item will be applicable to your project, taking steps to ensure a smooth installation process starts before our installers do.
before the installers arrive:
• Clear all surfaces
• Remove bedding / linens from beds as well as remove items under bed
• Empty wall units, bookcases, and dressers
• Clear closet floors and remove low hanging clothes
• Detach and store all the wiring from TVs, computers and other electronic items
• Remove pictures from walls in the installation areas and throughways to avoid damage
Please make arrangements to move any large specialty items such as musical instruments, heavy exercise equipment, pool tables, aquariums, grandfather clocks, etc. before the install date
Lastly, flooring installers will not disassemble or reassemble furniture.
Before installation day, be sure that:
• The installation site is completely enclosed, with outside windows, doors and thresholds in place
• All wet processes (like drywall or plaster) are finished well before installation
• Air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems are operational
• Electricity and water are directly available in the work area
• Any new, unfinished quarter-round or base molding that you’re providing for installation has been painted or stained. We recommend that you complete painting or staining at least 24 hours prior to installation so the finish is completely dry before installation begins.
For areas directly affected by the installation:
• Cover the installation area’s entryways and vents to contain dust and debris
• Create a clear path through your home for easy access to the installation area and removal of debris
• Cover furniture and floors along this path and in areas adjacent to the installation
• Remove all items from cabinets, entertainment centers, bookcases, closets and similar containers
• Move all breakables, such as lamps, vases, mirrors, wall hangings, antiques or other valuables, from areas affected by installation work
• Disconnect and remove all electronic equipment, including televisions, stereos and computers
• Remove all electrical wires running under carpet or along baseboards and door casings
• Move furniture out of the room receiving the new floor. If you prefer, our installation crew can move furniture for you for an additional charge. Contact your Home Depot sales associate for details
Your Installation Services expert will obtain all necessary permits and licenses before installation begins.
On installation day, our licensed, insured installers will be on time, courteous and efficient. They’ll have the equipment they need, and they’ll be ready to install your new flooring. You won’t need to provide any special tools or materials. Just meet these simple requirements:
• Make certain to have an adult (over age 18) with the authority to make installation decisions on hand during the installation process
• Keep the temperature in the installation area between 60° and 80° Fahrenheit
• Keep children and pets away from the installation area
That’s it! We’ll take care of the rest.
Once the process is complete, our team will:
• Vacuum and clean the installation site
• Remove all installation-related debris
• Conduct a final inspection of your new carpet and the installation site for your approval
• Provide you with warranty and care information for your new carpet
In the days following your installation, you may receive a survey from The Home Depot. It is an opportunity to rate your installation experience with us. Our goal is to provide you with an experience that leaves you feeling Extremely Satisfied and we hope you will rate our installation team as such.